The top five finalists for the 2015 Truck Writers of North America Technical Achievement Award have been announced. The award recognizes products and services that exhibit technical innovation within the trucking industry.
Nominations are submitted by TWNA members. A Technical Achievement Award committee at TWNA, a panel of editors for trucking industry publications, ranks components each year to come up five finalists.
Finalists for the 2015 TWNA Technical Achievement Award are:
- Detroit Assurance safety system from Daimler Trucks North America
- Eaton Procision 7-speed medium-duty automated manual transmission
- Meritor WABCO SmartTrac automatic trailer lift axle control system
- Phillips Industries Lite-Sentry trailer-chassis light monitoring system
- Silver Eagle Manufacturing T-Dolly adjustable trailer converter dolly
Other nominees for the award include Volvo Trucks Adaptive Loading 6x2 liftable axle; Trucker Path navigational assistance and load sourcing app; Thermo King ThermoLite Solar Panels; and the Rotavan RG-3 swiveling kingpin.
The winner will be announced during the Industry Awards Luncheon at the Technology & Maintenance Council Annual Meeting & Transportation Technology Exhibition on March 2, 2016, in Nashville, Tenn.
Last year’s winner was Aperia Technology’s Halo automatic tire inflation system.
Sign up for eNews here and get all of Land Line’s headlines, features and special reports delivered to your inbox on a daily basis, absolutely free. All it takes is an email address.
Copyright © OOIDA