As part of its Business Education Series, OOIDA will be offering a three-part series on purchasing equipment. Part two, “Purchasing Equipment – Buying a Trailer,” is now available at www.ooidaonlineeducation.com.
Jason Church of Arrow Trucks joins program host Tom Gann to discuss the ins and outs of finding a truck that’s right for your operation. Church is an expert in the used-truck market.
Some of the topics to be covered in this program are:
- Should you buy a trailer?
- What to look for if you are considering a refrigerated trailer.
- Check cross members and door alignment.
- Specialty trailer considerations.
- Spread axles – the pros and cons?
- A Level III DOT inspection?
- What to look for when test pulling a trailer.
- Tire wear and recap tires?
- Flatbed trailer considerations?
- The real story of trailer aerodynamics?
Part one in this series covered purchasing a used truck, and part three will look at financing options. The seminars can be found on the website under “Series Four: Preparing for Becoming an Owner-Operator.” All three seminars in this series will be available in May 2014 and will be free of charge, courtesy of Arrow Truck Sales.
Copyright © OOIDA