By Land Line staff
For the fifth year, Arrow Truck Sales has launched its Back On The Road program to help a deserving driver obtain a truck and job.
Former trucker and country music singer Aaron Tippin is again helping support the program and will help select the winner.
“Truckers are some of the hardest-working people in the country and they impact literally every community in the United States,” said Steve Clough, president and CEO of Arrow Truck Sales. “We feel it’s important to keep these drivers working. And we’re proud to help a deserving trucker get back on the road, making an income and fueling our economy.”
Arrow is asking for nominations for truck drivers throughout the U.S. who are looking for a second chance after facing a loss or unfortunate circumstances beyond their control. “Nominations for truckers who have selflessly advocated for the profession and the trucking industry in general are also valid,” Arrow Truck Sales said.
Arrow encourages nominations to be submitted by friends, family members, associates or even themselves. To nominate, complete a compelling 250-word story explaining why the nominee deserves to win and submit it to www.arrowtruck.com/backontheroad. Nominations will be accepted from Oct. 3 to Dec. 4, 2011.
The winner will be announced at the Mid-America Trucking Show next March in Louisville, KY.
The selected driver will receive a one-year lease on a 2008 Mack Pinnacle 70-inch high-rise sleeper, courtesy of Mack Trucks Inc., and a one-year work agreement with Heartland Express.
In addition to the truck and work agreement, the winner of Back On the Road will receive:
- XOne XDA Energy Tires from Michelin;
- TriPac auxiliary power unit from Thermo King;
- $500 monthly fuel cards from Pilot Flying J Travel Centers;
- Business consulting tools from ATBS;
- Insurance from the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association;
- A 3-year/300k-mile warranty from National Truck Protection Inc.;
- One year’s worth of filter products from Mack Genuine Parts;
- Custom truck paint job from Dickinson Fleet Services;
- Truck accessories and fenders from Minimizer Products;
- Memory foam mattress from SleepDog Mattress;
- Paint from DuPont; and
- Health assessment and checkups from Rolling Strong.
Mack Trucks Inc. is this year’s presenting sponsor.
Arrow Truck Sales started as a small used truck lot in Kansas City, MO. It now has 17 retail stores in the U.S. and Canada.