Watch for Kansas ad valorem paperwork

| 4/12/2011

Are you aware that Kansas and Arkansas have a property tax on motor carriers? Every spring, if you run your own federal authority, you should receive a property valuation form from these two states. If you run miles through their states, you will be required to pay a property tax for using their roads and generating revenue. The bills go out in the fall. Keep in mind that this is a legal tax and must be reported and paid.

Kansas mailed out nearly 36,000 forms this past week, and they are due back by May 15. The bills will be mailed out in September. Arkansas has already sent the packets out and they were due back by March 31.