The uDrove company – together with Women in Trucking, the Truckload Carriers Association, the Transportation Intermediaries Association, and Healthy Trucking Association of America – will salute and highlight the trucking industry at the upcoming uDrove Humanitarian Bowl on Saturday, Dec. 18, in Boise, ID.
Photo courtesy WIT
Women in Trucking President/CEO Ellen Voie and Walmart driver Alyson Hay on the day the commercial was filmed for uDrove Humanitarian Bowl.
The uDrove Humanitarian Bowl game will help launch the 2010 college football bowl season with a 5:30 p.m. ET kickoff on ESPN Dec. 18. The game is set for the opening day of bowl season 2010 and will be the first under a new four-year relationship matching top contenders from the Western Athletic Conference and the Mid-American Conference. The game will be played on the “blue turf” of the Bronco Stadium at Boise State University.
Here’s a preview of trucking industry recognition at the event:
- Truckload Carriers Association Highway Angel of the Year award recognition. The award goes to OOIDA Member Shawn Hubbard of Victorville, CA;
- Transportation Intermediaries Association 3PL Samaritan award recognition – Brenny Transportation;
- Pre-game tailgate party highlighting associations and companies in the trucking industry, including autographing session with Ice Road Trucker Lisa Kelly, sponsored by Fike’s Truck Line;
- Participation by OOIDA Senior Member Jon Osburn and the St. Christopher Fund’s Medical Resource Vehicle – providing health tests for truck drivers, drivers’ families and other attendees; and
- Lindsey Lawler will perform “Highway Angel” in pre-game show.
Another highlight: Watch for the Women in Trucking salute to women in the commercial on ESPN during the game. The ad, which features WIT President and OOIDA Member Ellen Voie and all women drivers, was created by S & E productions and funded by Frito-Lay, Freightliner and Walmart. The photos of women drivers were provided by WIT corporate members (U.S. Xpress, Schneider, Con-Way and Frito-Lay) and are all actual drivers.
Most professional truckers are familiar with uDrove, an affiliate company to the online freight matching service Internet Truckstop. uDrove is a business and compliance management tool for the long-haul trucking industry.