The California Air Resources Board is hosting two online interactive Webcasts on regulations that affect diesel truck owners.
Course No. 512 will be Webcast on Tuesday, Nov. 3, and also on Wednesday, Nov. 4. The Webcasts provide a summary of regulatory requirements and deadlines for several trucking regulations, and also detail funding opportunities.
The course will include several regulatory topics tied to trucking, including:
- Traditional diesel programs, such as the periodic smoke inspection program, idling and engine emission control labels;
- Truck and bus regulation;
- Drayage truck regulation;
- Heavy-duty vehicle greenhouse gas reduction (EPA SmartWay);
- TRU (reefer) regulation;
- Diesel exhaust retrofits; and
- Funding opportunities.
The course will also give participants direct phone and Web site contacts for follow-up questions.
For more information, visit www.arb.ca.gov/training/courses.php?course=512.
– By Charlie Morasch, staff writer