Heads up, Canadian truckers. In case you hadn’t heard, truckers are rallying this Saturday, June 13, at the Milton Fairgrounds in Milton, Ontario, to protest the provincial law that governs their trucks at speeds below the flow of traffic on major highways.
Full enforcement and fines relating to this law begin July 1.
OOIDA issued a Call to Action to Canadian members based on information provided by event organizer and OOIDA member Scott Mooney, a resident of Cambridge, Ontario. Event information is as follows:
- Truckers can come in after 5 p.m. on Friday, June 12.
- The public is invited to attend all-day event from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday, June 13.
- Overnight parking is permitted until the morning of Sunday, June 14.
- Bathrooms are located on site.
- Complimentary RV/tent camping is available for truckers and families.
- Some water and electrical hookups are available for an additional charge.
Mooney issued a flier and is urging truckers to print it out and distribute it. A link to the flier is available at the Facebook social networking site www.nospeedlimiter.ca along with further details.
Directions to the event: From the 401, take Exit 25 south (Martin St.), go to Steeles Ave. and turn right, go to Bronte St. and turn left, go to Robert St. (three streets past Main) and turn left to the fairgrounds entrance. There will be signs directing participants to the exact location.
– By Land Line staff