The California Air Resources Board has scheduled another wave of workshop meetings to discuss the agency’s proposed in-use on-road diesel engine rule. The rule would essentially require 1.5 million trucks to meet 2007 emission standards by the year 2012, although several other compliance possibilities have recently been proposed.
The agency’s board plans to consider formally approving the regulation in October.
The latest announced hearings will be held:
- Tuesday, July 22 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the California Department Transportation District 11 at 4050 Taylor Street in San Diego.
- Tuesday, July 22 from 6 to 9 p.m. at the El Centro Community Center, located at 375 S. First Street in El Centro.
- Thursday, July 24 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Air Resources Board Auditorium, Annex 4 at 9530 Telstar Ave., El Monte.
- Monday, July 28 from noon to 4 p.m. and 5 to 8 p.m. at the Shasta County Board of Supervisors Chambers at 1450 Court Street 263, Redding.
- Wednesday, July 30 from noon to 4 p.m. and 5 to 8 p.m. at the County of Santa Clara Issac Newton Senter Auditorium, 70 West Hedding Street, San Jose.
- Thursday, July 31 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Air Resources Board Byron Sher Auditorium at 1001 I Street, Sacramento.
- Monday, Aug. 4 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Riverside County Administrative Center at 4080 Lemon Street, Riverside.
- Tuesday, Aug. 5 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Fresno County Plaza Ballroom, 2220 Tulare Street, Fresno.
- Tuesday, Aug. 5 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the City of Arvin Veteran’s Hall, 414 4th Street, Arvin.
The July 31 meeting in Sacramento will be webcast at: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/broadcast/?BDO+1.
CARB made several changes to its proposed plan in May. To view the 51-page revised proposed in-use on-road truck rule, click here.
Additional information about CARB’s diesel emissions standards can be found at: www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onrdiesel/onrdiesel.htm.
– By Charlie Morasch, staff writer