Half a million people told to flee California fires

| 10/23/2007

More than half a million people in San Diego County, CA, have been told to evacuate their homes as wind-swept fires continue to burn.

So far, according to the Los Angeles Times, about 1,200 homes and businesses have been damaged or destroyed by a series of fires stretching from Santa Barbara to the Mexican border.

On Monday, sections of Interstates 5 and 15 were closed at times due to smoke and flames.

If you’re trucking in that area and want up-to-date information on the roads, tune in to XM Satellite Radio’s Channel 223, which covers the San Diego area.