Firefighters in Vallejo, CA, say 59-year-old Luis Picaso was
seriously burned during the weekend when a cell phone that was in his pocket
caught fire and set his nylon and polyester clothing on fire.
According to local media reports, the firemen aren't identifying
the manufacturer of the cell phone for legal reasons.
A department spokesman is quoted as saying there have been
several incidents of cell phones catching fire in California in recent years.
Two years ago, the Consumer Product Safety Commission recalled
thousands of counterfeit cell phone batteries because they were thought to pose
a risk of catching fire.