Have you seen the Geico commercials with the modern-day
cavemen? Maybe those Neanderthals aren't so dumb after all.
On Monday, Dec. 11, insurance provider Geico announced the
addition of "Teens and Trucks," a brochure that gives tips to teen drivers, to
its online library of safe driving information.
According to a press release, the brochure includes
information for teens on how to safely share the highway with large trucks,
includes a number of commonsense tips, such as:
- Stay out of a truck's blind spots or "No Zones;"
- Be careful when attempting to pass a truck;
- Do not swerve in front of a truck or cause the driver to
come to a sudden stop;
- Avoid "Squeeze Play" when a large truck needs to make a
wide turn; and
- Do not cut off a large truck or passenger bus.
To view the "Teens and Trucks" online information, visit www.geico.com/auto/safety.