The Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association's general membership has elected five alternates to its board of directors for the coming year.
The new alternates are:
- Terry Button, a senior member from Rushville, NY;
- Howard Hart, a Life Member from Spokane, WA;
- Grover “Dee” Jones, a Life Member from Redfield, AR;
- Sue Lynch, a Life Member from Prairie du Chien, WI; and
- Jim Moore, a Life Member from Caldwell, ID.
This will be Lynch's third term as a board alternate and the second term for Moore and Jones. For Hart and Button, this is their first term as alternates. The five will be sworn in at the OOIDA board meeting Sept. 11-15 at the association's headquarters in Grain Valley, MO.
The 22-member board defines OOIDA's position on all major trucking issues. All OOIDA officers and directors are now or have been professional truckers, and are elected by the membership, for the membership. The only exception is the employee director, who is elected by the OOIDA employees.