OOIDA members took home top honors from the Stars & Stripes Show & Shine, held June 16 at The Truck Show – Las Vegas.
One of the biggest winners was Clint Dicks of Lake City, FL, who took home Best of Show Limited Mileage Combo for his 2000 white and orange Peterbilt 370 and 2006 Mac flatbed, “Freshly Squeezed.”
Other first-place OOIDA winners included:
- Paul Stanchio of Port Washington, NY, for “Hot Wheels,” his 2005 blue Peterbilt 379 and 2005 Boydstun car carrier, in the Most Head-Turning Use of Chrome and Stainless on a Working Class Truck category;
- Billy Hopkins of Kaufman, TX, for his 2000 maroon Peterbilt 379 and 2000 Doresy Flatbed, in the Combo – 2000 and Older category;
- Cary Bess of West Jordan, UT, for “Pure Punishment,” a 2005 white and yellow Kenworth W900L with 2000 Utility reefer, in the Combo – 2001 and Newer category;
- Wayne Baker of Taylor Ridge, IL, for his 2002 gray and black Peterbilt 379 and 1999 Utility reefer, in the Interior – Cab Only category; and
- Chris Hammen of Chipley, FL, for his 2003 black Kenworth W900L, “Peanut Shell,” in the Custom Graphics – Bobtail category.
Also bringing home the gold was OOIDA member Darlene Swift of Taylor Ridge, IL, who won in the Bobtail – 2003 and Older category and Interior – OEM Sleeper category for her truck, “Free Spirit.” Swift is known for the makeover her truck – a 2000 black and orange Freightliner Classic XL – received on the popular Country Music Television show, “Trick My Truck.”