There are three months left to register for OOIDA’s Truck to Success seminar in September.
Truck to Success is an intensive training course for drivers ready to take their first steps toward becoming an owner-operator.
It is scheduled for three full days on Sept. 10-12 at the Courtyard by Marriott in Blue Springs, Mo.
The training is designed to follow a logical path of information required for transitioning from a company driver to an owner-operator.
- Developing a business plan.
- Equipment, including the decision to buy new or used and financing options.
- Choosing to be an owner-operator under your own authority or lease to a carrier.
- Entrant safety audit and compliance review.
- Drug and alcohol consortium and requirements.
- Permits and licensing.
- Taxes and business structures.
- Broker and factoring.
- Current issues affecting the industry and how to have input.
The seminar will be taught by trucking experts, many with extensive experience behind the steering wheel of a tractor-trailer, who work for the largest trucking association dedicated to helping drivers in all areas be successful.
Listen to a discussion of OOIDA’s Truck to Success seminar here.
Tuition for the seminar is $495 per person, which includes course materials and handouts and also breakfast, lunch and snacks. Each attendee may bring one guest for an additional $34.50 per day or $103.50 for the course to cover food. Sign up by Aug. 1 to get a free year of membership in OOIDA. The final day to register is Sept. 1.
You can sign up for the seminar by clicking here.
Seminar tuition does not include lodging. Attendees, however, do qualify for OOIDA’s corporate rate. To book a room at the Blue Springs Courtyard by Marriott, call 816-228-8100 and mention you are with OOIDA or use this link to receive the discounted corporate rate.
Copyright © OOIDA