The average price for a gallon of diesel fuel across the U.S. nudged up less than a half cent from last week, according to the federal Energy Information Administration.
According to the EIA’s weekly report on Monday, May 20, the national average barely moved and there was no change in New England and Central Atlantic regions.
Following are the average prices for diesel fuel by region as reported by the EIA for Monday:
- U.S. – $3.163, up three-tenths of a cent.
- East Coast – $3.176, no change.
- New England – $3.238, no change.
- Central Atlantic – $3.375, up 1 cent.
- Lower Atlantic – $3.03, down a half cent.
- Midwest – $3.049, up three-tenths of a cent.
- Gulf Coast – $2.907, up one-fifth of a cent.
- Rocky Mountain – $3.192, up 1.1 cents.
- West Coast – $3.794, up two-fifths of a cent.
- West Coast without California – $3.352, down three-tenths of a cent.
- California – $4.145, up nine-tenths of a cent.
According to ProMiles, the national average U.S. retail price for diesel fuel on Monday, May 20, decreased 1.2 cents.
ProMiles, the software company that maintains the websites ProMiles.com and TruckMiles.com, offers its own weekly fuel price information. The company’s fuel price data are presented in the same format used by the EIA in the agency’s weekly reports. The prices include a national average as well as regional averages, and comparisons to the previous week and the previous year.
A key difference between the EIA and ProMiles reporting is the type and number of fueling stations the company surveys in order to calculate its averages. While EIA surveys 400 truck stops and convenience stores nationwide, ProMiles uses its direct feed from thousands of truck stops to develop its averages.
Click here to view ProMiles fuel data averaged by state.
AAA reported a national average price per gallon for diesel fuel at $3.099 for Monday, May 20.
A week previous, the price was $3.10
A month previous, AAA reported $3.079 per gallon of diesel fuel and a year ago $3181 per gallon.
The highest recorded average price for diesel was $4.845 per gallon on July 17, 2008, according to AAA.
Copyright © OOIDA