The average cost for a gallon of diesel fuel nationwide dropped 2.8 cents on Monday compared to a week previous, according to the Energy Information Administration.
On Monday, June 25, the EIA reported the U.S. average price per gallon of diesel cost $3.216. The price is 75.1 cents higher than a year ago.
In Gulf Coast states, the average cost for a gallon of diesel fuel dropped below $3, according to the EIA.
Following are the average prices by region as reported by the EIA for Monday:
- U.S. – $3.216, down 2.8 cents
- East Coast – $3.215, down a 2.5 cents
- New England – $3.281, down nine-tenths of a cent
- Central Atlantic – $3.38, down 1.7 cents
- Lower Atlantic – $3.086, down 3.5 cents
- Gulf Coast – $2.978, down 3.8 cents
- Rocky Mountain – $3.321, down 1.8 cents
- West Coast – $3.735, down 1.8 cents
- West Coast less California – $3.453, down 2 cents
- California – $3.959, down 1.7 cents
ProMiles reports national average retail price for diesel on Monday being 3.6 cents lower than the week previous. Data from ProMiles also shows lower average prices in all regions, with decreases ranging from 1.3 cents to 4 cents.
ProMiles, the software company that maintains the websites ProMiles.com and TruckMiles.com, offers its own weekly fuel price information. The company’s fuel price data are presented in the same format used by the EIA in the agency’s weekly reports. The prices include a national average as well as regional averages, and comparisons to the previous week and the previous year.
A key difference between the EIA and ProMiles reporting is the type and number of fueling stations the company surveys in order to calculate its averages. While EIA surveys 400 truck stops and convenience stores nationwide, ProMiles uses its direct feed from thousands of truck stops to develop its averages.
Following are the average prices by region as reported by the ProMiles.com:
- U.S. – $3.147, down 3.6 cents
- East Coast – $3.207, down 3.6 cents
- New England – $3.26, down 2.6 cents
- Central Atlantic – $3.431, down 2.7 cents
- Lower Atlantic – $3.095, down 3.8 cents
- Midwest – $3.115, down 3.6 cents
- Gulf Coast – $3.005, down 3.6 cents
- Rocky Mountain – $3.311, down 2.8 cents
- West Coast – $3.60, down 2.2 cents
- West Coast less California – $3.412, down 1.3 cents
- California – $3.924, down 4 cents
AAA reports a national average price per gallon for diesel fuel at $3.166 for Monday, June 25.
A week ago, the price was $3.186.
A month ago, AAA reported $3.208 per gallon and a year ago $2.456 per gallon.
The highest recorded average price for diesel was $4.845 per gallon on July 17, 2008, according to AAA.
Copyright © OOIDA