Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Corporate Policy and Procedures for Compliance
NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT AND IDENTIFICATION OF DESIGNATED AGENT FOR PURPOSES OF SECTION 512 OF THE DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT.
If you have reason to believe that material in which you (or any person or entity for which you are an authorized agent) hold the copyright has been posted on this website without appropriate authorization, please contact the Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement:
Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association
1 NW OOIDA Drive
Grain Valley, Mo 64029
The association fully complies with the notice and take-down provisions of Section 512 of the United States Copyright Act. The association also enforces a policy that provides for the termination of access to users or commenters who are found to be repeat infringers or who otherwise violate the policies governing use of our websites.
Information that must be provided
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act specifies that all infringement claims must be in writing (either electronic mail or paper letter) and must include the following elements:
- A physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the infringed work;
- Identification of the infringed material;
- Contact information for the complainant, e.g. address, telephone number, electronic mail address;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner or the law; and
- A statement that the information contained in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
For more information
For more information on United States Copyright Laws, see: The US Copyright Office